Monday, April 5, 2010

Pay Attention

Pay Attention to detail, never take anything for granite, this could happen to you. So this was a really crappy situation to be in, but it was totally funny. On Friday afternoon, before this great Easter weekend, I was down on the south side of La Crosse getting a few things from Auto Zone for my new car I just got. It's just a 2006 Saturn Ion, so nothing fancy here, but I got a few things to clean it up anyway.

As I'm driving there in my new car, I notice the dark clouds in the sky. This really bugged me because I had just taken it through the car wash and cleaned it up. As I was walking out of Auto Zone with my thing, it started to rain on me. The first thing I thought was, "man this really sucks", but I had a car with a roof so I was good. As I turn onto Losey Blvd. it starts to down pour, raining so hard I could barley see ten feet in front of my car. It must have been that way for everyone else as well; because, traffic was going like five miles per hour.

I get to the first set of stoplights, and low and behold, guess what pulls up beside of me? A man on a motorcycle, a sweet looking Harley Davidson to be exact. Now that sucks. This does happen to a lot of people, but I'm never there to catch it up close and in person. The guy was only wearing jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt, man was he soaked, and super ticked. He followed traffic at five miles an hour all the way down Losey Blvd. till just before Onalaska. It didn't let up even the slightest little bit all the way, man this guy was soaked, but it was so funny to watch him shake his head and curse all the way there.

So with this in mind, no matter how funny it was, and it was by the way, pay attention. Weather your on a motorcycle or on a bicycle, watch the sky and see what it looks like to you. If you see dark clouds, don't get the bike out, and don't wash your car either; because, this could happen to you.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen that happen so often....soaking wet on a motorcycle. Sometimes I wonder how they can even see where they are going, the rain is coming down so hard. I'm not a big motorcycle fan, but if that ever happened to me I would definitely not be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely one of the reasons I won't ride a motorcycle--I would not want that to happen to me!

    ReplyDelete