Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Weekend

This weekend Kristen and I went to her parents in Menasha. When we got there on Friday night we snacked on veggies and dip, and had a few drinks. On Saturday morning we all got up and went downstairs and did our morning tradition of sitting in the family room drinking our coffie and reading the papers. I read the comics of course, and a little about whats going on in that area. After we talk and read for awhile we each take our showers then come down and eat breakfast. Breakfast is always good, different every time for the most part, and always good.

After breakfast Kristen's father Matt called the golf course and set up reservations for a round of golf for he and myself. When he got off the phone he got a call letting him know that he had won a raffle for a golf package the included a new putter. Since he has a nice set of clubs, and mine is just ok so far, he desided that he would give me his putter out of his set, because he just won a new putter. We then packed up our clubs and headed for the golf course.

On the way there we talked about the new nine holes they had put in around the front of the land. We didn't play those because they were in the woods and super surrounded by trees and sand bunkers, they also had lots of water to shoot over. So we desided not to play on that one this time, but maybe next time we might give it a shot.

When we arrived we paid and got our things we need from them and we headed to the top nine holes. Apon arrivale we noticed there was a couple already there so we had to wait for them to get further down the course, so we wouldn't hit them with the ball. We both started alittle slow, me more than Matt, due to the fact that we havn't played yet this year so it was our first time out on the course. But we picked it up and about mid-way through Matt was telling me that he was going to buy a new driver, and if I liked his he would let me have his driver. He has a really nice driver and because it is better than the one I currently have, I said sure I'd take it anytime, so now I have a better putter and a fairly new, and really nice, driver. We both got better as the holes went on, and what better way to finish the day by getting a par 3 on the last hole of the day, GO ME.

On the way home I told him that I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and was thinking of buying a new golf set and asked if he would like to come with and help give me his opinion of what I should get. I told him I found a realy nice black and blue with alittle orange and white outline, Callaway golf bag and one of two options for my clubs. Because I will have his driver, I only need an iron set now. The first iron set I looked at was a silver and blue titanium set, including the 3 wood, made by Titleist. My second choise I found, and the one I may just go with, is a blue titanium hybrid iron set, that also included the 3 wood with the titanium coating, made by Cobra. The Cobra set seemed to be the nicer of the two and its a hybrid, so I think that is the one I will go with. While I was there I also bought a new pair of shoes, since I found that golfing in sandles does not really work that well. I may also buy a few new shirts next time I go up there.

When we got back Kristen and I took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood, like we always do in the morning while we are there. We say all kinds of flowers out and people walking their dogs. When we got back we all got ready for supper. We ate supper and then sat in the living room and watched Marley and Me, because her parents have not seen it yet. Then we all went to bed.

Sunday morning the grandparents came over and we all went to the Holiday Inn for a sudnay wine and brunch buffet. It was amazing, I had probably five plates of food and a big plate of dessert. I lost track of how many glasses of wine I had, just kiding I only had a few, I was driving. After brunch we all went back to house where her parents and grandparents then left to go to open houses, and Kristen and I went to town for some things for the brauts for supper later.

We then ate and everyone left, followed by Kristen and I. And that was pretty much my amazing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment