Monday, March 1, 2010

Equal Education Oportunity

Do you wish you could have gone to a bigger, fancier school like Yale or Harvard?



Have you ever wondered what your neighbor, or the person that used to live down the road from you is doing right now? All over the World people are going to school, but not getting the education the deserve. What I'm trying to say is, the same two people with the same kind of skills and knowledge are going to two different schools, and getting two different educations. Why is this? Kids in rich neighbor hoods are growing up going to rich fancy schools like Harvard and Yale, while kids in less wealthy neighbor hoods or poor neighbor hoods, are growing up and going to lower class schools were the teachers are not getting paid enough to teach the students or there's just not enough money for a full education. The less money you have the less the education you get. The more money you have the better education you get.

For my first wish, I wish for everyone to have an equal education, so no one with a less wealthy background has to suffer with a poor education. No matter how much or how little money a person has, we all get the same education. I think that is fair and can can be done.

For my second wish, I wish for schools to be more affordable for everyone to be able to go to school. Affordable so that no one has to go without an education, and has to suffer not getting a job because they don't have a BA, or an AS.

For my third and final wish, I wish for everyone to be able to get accepted for financial aid, so everyone can go to school.


These are my issues, and I really think that in time they can come true.

2 comments:

  1. Yes i agree, there are a lot of kids that do not get the eduacation they need because they do not have money. Many of the others are smart enough they just can't pay their way through while some rich kids do not even know what they're reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you have to say. It's too bad everyone isn't entitled to the same education regardless of your financial situation. i believe everyone should receive the same treatment when it comes to education

    ReplyDelete